Share your location to see the first available service date in your area.
Getting your appliance repair is simple
Book your appointment now, for a time that works best for you.
We’ll diagnose and explain the issue, and repair the appliance.
Appliance repairs are covered by a 90-day satisfaction guarantee.
We're your range repair experts
363,784 ranges repaired in 2015
42 - 54 average minutes to repair
$147 - $190 average repair cost
Brands we repair
No matter where you bought it, we can fix it. We repair all major brands, makes, and models.
Get to know our experts
4.4 of 5 stars in the last 60 days
11 years average repair experience
244,000+ nationwide range repairs in 2015
Need a pro? We’re ready to help! Book online
DIY quick fixes
If your range's oven isn't working...
- Check that the power cord hasn’t been unplugged by mistake.
- Make sure that the range is receiving power:
- Reset the range’s circuit breaker by turning it to the off position, waiting 30 seconds, and moving it back to the on position.
- If your home has fuses instead of circuit breakers, make sure that the fuses are tightened securely and replace any that have blown. If they are not blown, unscrew the fuses that supply the range, wait 30 seconds, and then screw them back in.
- If you have a gas range, make sure that gas is running to the unit:
- Try turning on one of the surface burners (if wall oven, try the broil burner). If the burner lights then there is gas coming to the unit.
- If the burner does not light, check that the main gas shut off valve is in the ‘ON’ position. (It’s usually located behind the appliance.)
- Some ranges require the clock to be set in order to start the oven—ensure your clock is set and then try turning it on again.
If your range takes a long time to preheat...
- Be sure you are waiting long enough—it can take from 15 to 20 minutes to heat the oven to 350°F.
- Keep the door closed during preheat to minimize the time required.
- If your oven has a hidden heat element (where the heating element is hidden under the floor of the oven), it may take longer to preheat.
- If you have any large items (like baking stones) in the oven, it will take longer to preheat.
- Remove any aluminum foil that is being used to line the oven racks or the bottom. Foil can have a significant impact on preheating time and may affect cooking performance.
If the oven door won't unlock...
- Wait for the oven to cool down completely after a self-clean cycle. The door can stay locked for up to an hour while it returns to a safe temperature. If it does not unlock after cooling down, try resetting the self-cycle:
- Start the self-clean cycle again.
- Wait until the lock motor stops running (about 15 seconds)
- Cancel the self-clean cycle.
- Wait for the lock motor to stop running again (another 15 seconds) and try opening the door.
- Check the display and deactivate the lock-out feature if it is activated. To do this for most models:
- Press and hold the Stop/Clear or Clear/Off button for 3 seconds.
- A beep will sound and the lock-out indicator will flash until the door is completely unlocked.
- Wait until the lock-out indicator stops flashing before trying to open the door so that you do not damage the latch.
- If it has a manual lock that is stuck in the locked position, wait until the oven is completely cool and then:
- Put your hand on the door handle.
- Press on the oven door firmly enough to release the tension.
- While pressing on the door, move the lock to the unlocked position. NOTE: The lever should move easily—do NOT force it!
If you can't set the temperature over 287°...
- The maximum allowed oven temperature is usually 550°F or 287°C. If you cannot select a temperature above 287°, it’s likely that your oven’s display controls are set to Celsius rather than Fahrenheit.
Check your owner’s manual for instructions on how to change the controls to Fahrenheit.
If these fixes don’t work, Book a repair appointment
Very professional, knowledgeable, prompt and personal. Read more
I had a great experience with the technician - had to re-schedule due to parts - but overall great Read more
Went right to work and did all that was necessary and cleaned up. Read more
The service tech was very professional and helpful. Questioned me thoroughly to get a thorough... Read more
Gave us a lot of info on maintaining and cleaning of appliance Read more
The visit was for a yearly maintenance check up on our stove and refrigerator. All systems were... Read more
It is is wonderful to be able to use our oven again. Thank you, Sears, for your excellent repair... Read more
I have used Sears before & their repairmen. I have had good service from them for the last 3... Read more
The stove has had to be repaired often and the serviceman has tried to remedy the problem. Read more