Learn more about kitchens
We repair all the top range brands
No matter where you bought it, we can fix it. We repair all major brands, makes, and models.
DIY Quick Fixes: Range Repair
If your range's oven isn't working...
- Check that the power cord hasn’t been unplugged by mistake.
- Make sure that the range is receiving power:
- Reset the range’s circuit breaker by turning it to the off position, waiting 30 seconds, and moving it back to the on position.
- If your home has fuses instead of circuit breakers, make sure that the fuses are tightened securely and replace any that have blown. If they are not blown, unscrew the fuses that supply the range, wait 30 seconds, and then screw them back in.
- If you have a gas range, make sure that gas is running to the unit:
- Try turning on one of the surface burners (if wall oven, try the broil burner). If the burner lights then there is gas coming to the unit.
- If the burner does not light, check that the main gas shut off valve is in the ‘ON’ position. (It’s usually located behind the appliance.)
- Some ranges require the clock to be set in order to start the oven—ensure your clock is set and then try turning it on again.
If your range takes a long time to preheat...
- Be sure you are waiting long enough—it can take from 15 to 20 minutes to heat the oven to 350°F.
- Keep the door closed during preheat to minimize the time required.
- If your oven has a hidden heat element (where the heating element is hidden under the floor of the oven), it may take longer to preheat.
- If you have any large items (like baking stones) in the oven, it will take longer to preheat.
- Remove any aluminum foil that is being used to line the oven racks or the bottom. Foil can have a significant impact on preheating time and may affect cooking performance.
If the oven door won't unlock...
- Wait for the oven to cool down completely after a self-clean cycle. The door can stay locked for up to an hour while it returns to a safe temperature. If it does not unlock after cooling down, try resetting the self-cycle:
- Start the self-clean cycle again.
- Wait until the lock motor stops running (about 15 seconds)
- Cancel the self-clean cycle.
- Wait for the lock motor to stop running again (another 15 seconds) and try opening the door.
- Check the display and deactivate the lock-out feature if it is activated. To do this for most models:
- Press and hold the Stop/Clear or Clear/Off button for 3 seconds.
- A beep will sound and the lock-out indicator will flash until the door is completely unlocked.
- Wait until the lock-out indicator stops flashing before trying to open the door so that you do not damage the latch.
- If it has a manual lock that is stuck in the locked position, wait until the oven is completely cool and then:
- Put your hand on the door handle.
- Press on the oven door firmly enough to release the tension.
- While pressing on the door, move the lock to the unlocked position. NOTE: The lever should move easily—do NOT force it!
If you can't set the temperature over 287°...
- The maximum allowed oven temperature is usually 550°F or 287°C. If you cannot select a temperature above 287°, it’s likely that your oven’s display controls are set to Celsius rather than Fahrenheit.
Check your owner’s manual for instructions on how to change the controls to Fahrenheit.
Still having problems? Schedule a repair.
The technician identified the problem as a bad oven door gasket that lets the front of the stove... Read more
Quickly diagnosed problem and repaired it during one. Isit Read more
I am a landlord and use their repair service all time. Perfect! Make sure you use the 20%... Read more
The gentleman was kind, professional and efficient. Read more
Service on range was good. Tech was very good. NOT SO FOR WASHER!! Tech was subcontractor not... Read more
Technician was on time, professional and very knowledgeable Read more
They fixed my range quickly & took great care not to scuff my new wood floors. Read more
So glad a quick assessment and saved hundreds not needing to buy a new stove. Read more
Technician was polite professional and knowledgeable Read more