Since 1962, Sears Home Services has been a leader in technician repair, support and maintenance with industry leading training and development as its backbone. This story continues as we’re bucking the recessionary trend and announcing a commitment to hire 1000 experienced Repair Services and Maintenance Technicians across the United States this year.
Specialty skills will include: heating and air conditioning, small engine repair, refrigeration systems, and appliance repair.
This decision to ramp up our staff is largely due to increasing demand by the consumer, unpredictable weather behavior, and customer loyalty.
“Sears Home Services has been the trusted name in appliance and HVAC repair for decades, but not just for the consumer,” says Ryan Alexander, leader of in-home repair for Sears Home Services.“Those who are looking to continue, grow, or even begin their career in the repair service industry, would be hard-pressed to find any other company with our level of experience, resources, and expertise to make those career goals a reality. When you’re ready, we’re here for you. Come join us.”
What is next for Sears Home Services?
- Sears will soon be piloting a Same-Day Service model in high demand locations.
- A rebranding of our Home Warranty Program.
- Re-investment in our technicians including new 401k match in May, 2023; enhanced benefits, paid time off days, sign-on bonuses and an associate referral program.
Why is a Sears Home Services Technician Career Right for YOU?
- Competitive wages that reward performance and experience.
- Bonuses and Incentives: Technicians have the opportunity to earn additional performance bonuses & sales incentives throughout the year with our top techs averaging $25,000 annually.
- Benefits – Comprehensive set of medical, dental, and vision benefits, with an additional $4000 annual subsidy for associates with dependents!
- 401k match – Opportunity to contribute to 401k plan and beginning in May,2023 a 100% company match up to 3%.
- Sign-on bonus – Potential up to $5,000 sign-on bonus for technicians with experience!
- Flexible schedules – Sears’s techs are NOT on call. Choose 5, 8-hour shifts or 4,10-hour shifts (offered in most locations), whichever works better for you.
- Plentiful overtime opportunities – Our techs are in high demand. Supplement your income with additional hours!
- Year-round work – With Sears large scale and wide product range, Sears cross trains techs and keeps them busy year round.
- Expert training – Best in class training program. Tens of thousands of repair techs trained by Sears Technical Institute in the past 60 years. We will teach you the skills you need to succeed!
- Peer mentoring – Onboarding buddy and mentor technicians to help you grow your skills
- Career advancement – Many ways to advance and cross-train to keep growing your career. Our average tenure is greater than 12 years!
- Easy tools – Sears provides company vehicle, uniforms, specialty tools, mobile phone & industry-leading app that eliminates paperwork and provides technical support.
If you are ready to begin a career with purpose and meaning where every day you are helping bring smiles and positive well-being to our customers, click here to apply: https://bit.ly/3UZDRRX.