There are many front door styles to consider for your home, everything from decorative panels to etched glass.
Along with a variety of colors and textures, you can provide a customized first impression for your guests. Beyond aesthetics, however, your exterior door should also keep your family safe, provide privacy, and help maintain energy efficiency.
When considering a replacement front door, it’s important to find the right balance between attractiveness and durability. Here are some important factors to consider when picking out a new front entry door.
Entry Door Materials
Sears Home Services sells front doors for homes in steel and fiberglass, giving you choices that best fit your budget and style preferences.
- Commonly the most affordable
- Provides the best security
- Weather resistant
- Low maintenance
- Energy efficient
- Second most affordable after steel
- Durable and dent resistant
- Lowest amount of maintenance required
- Capable of closely emulating wood grain
- Provides the best insulation
Front Doors with Glass The most popular way to spruce up the appearance of a front door is to add glass panels. This option is available to you regardless of which door material you select. Here are a few things to keep in mind about doors with glass inserts:
- Increases the overall cost of the door
- Reduces the door’s energy efficiency, unless you use double- or triple-panel glass
- Might make your home more vulnerable to intrusion
- Impacts your home’s privacy
Hopefully, you have a better idea now of what’s most important to consider when choosing a new entry door for your home. As long as you select a door that is easy to use, looks great, and keeps your family safe, you can’t go wrong. Our team at Sears Home Services can assist you in making a selection. Contact us at 1-800-504-1912, or by requesting a free in-home consultation below. Our home improvement experts can help you select the best entry door for your home and your budget. And remember that all of our products and services are backed up by our guaranteed satisfaction program.