Indoor Air Quality
Many things can lower the quality of the air in your home–smoke, cleaning product fumes, volatile compounds in building materials and paint, pest control products, pollution from outdoors and more. Some of these air contaminates are minor annoyances that dissipate quickly, but other indoor pollutants present an ongoing health hazard–especially to the young, the elderly, allergy sufferers and people with compromised immune systems. Sears offers a range of air cleaners; let us help you choose the best one for your home’s indoor air quality.
HEPA Air Purification System
The HEPA Air Purification System can be added to your central heating and cooling system, or you can use it as a portable, stand-alone air cleaner. It uses three filters to clean your home’s air:
- A carbon pre-filter removes large particles, such as dust, pollen and fibers.
- A HEPA filter traps the tiniest particles including bacteria, attached viruses, mold, smoke and dust.
- A carbon trap absorbs volatile organic compounds (VOCs) present as gases, fumes and odors.
PCO Powerful Air Purification System
The PCO Powerful Air Purification System combines a photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) filter with ultraviolet (UV) lights to help eliminate bacteria, viruses, fungi, VOCs and odors. It’s installed on your central heating and cooling sytem and requires little maintenance.
Ultraviolet (UV) Air Cleaner
The ultraviolet (UV) air cleaner uses UV lights to help eliminate bacteria, mold, fungi, and viruses. It’s installed on your central heating and cooling system and can prevent the growth of biofilm on the evaporation coil.
HVAC Air Filter
Depending on the type of furnace you have, you might be able to upgrade from the standard furnace air filter in your furnace to one of these higher-performing options:
- A permanent, washable, durable plastic furnace filter has an electrostatic charge for better filtering. It comes with a lifetime warranty and is available in custom sizes.
- A pleated paper filter has more surface area than a normal paper filter, so it traps more dirt and dust. It’s available in 10incha and 5-inch thicknesses.