Sears Home Services is growing and are committed to recruiting and hiring the best appliance service technicians to join our team. Whether you’re already an experienced technician or an avid appliance DIY repair enthusiast interested in starting a new career, we want to talk with you about becoming a Sears Tech.
Visit our Sears Home Services career page to begin the application process. We’re always interested in connecting with potential new team members.
If you’re looking for a great career in appliance repair, there is no better place than Sears Home Services. We offer fulfilling career opportunities in Refrigeration repair, HVAC repair and appliance repair.
Whatever your field of interest is, we want to provide you the best career opportunities possible.
What Are the Advantages of Being a Sears Tech?
Sears Home Services goes above and beyond to create programs and resources that do more than just meet the needs of our Sears Technicians and their families. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, world-class training and an engaging and enriching culture to promote a career that works your way.
Sears Home Service’s mission includes Making Moments Matter for our service technicians as well as our customers. We offer Sundays off and we take the seasonality out of repair work because we’re the largest home service provider in the nation.
Here are more advantages of being a Sears Technician:
- We invest in our technicians and help them expand their skills and expertise through ongoing training on all brands such as Kenmore, Whirlpool, GE, Maytag, Samsung, LG and Amana. Ongoing training makes our techs more valuable to the business.
- Our specially designed TechHub app keeps all the information you need at your fingertips, from parts inventory and your mapped route to the best time to take a lunch break. We make your daily job easier to handle.
- Technicians receive training and program opportunities to earn valuable certifications and licensing (EPA/CFC is our primary).
- Sears Technicians are provided with a company service vehicle, iPhone, uniforms, and incentive plans.
- Techs get a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision coverage, 401k, paid holidays, vacation time, life insurance, and more.
Sears Home Services cares for the families and individuals that count on us every day. Enjoy the satisfaction of being part of a team with a mission to make our world a better place for our techs and customers.
What Does Sears Technical Training Look Like?
Although we hire both experienced technicians and applicants that are new to the field of appliance repair, technical training begins with safety courses and basic electrical theory. New hires go through a regimen of classroom training and hands-on practice of learned skills. Knowledge and skills are tested throughout the training.
Of course, experienced appliance techs will have the opportunity to test out of basic training and move on to more advanced subjects.
Advanced technician training covers disassembly, diagnosis and repair topics for common appliances of all brands.
Here’s a brief example of training that refrigeration techs receive.
At Sears, you’ll receive extensive training in customer service and selling techniques. Sears Technicians offer customers value added products and/or services during repair calls. Selling add-on products will enhance your earnings.
Once you complete your technical training and begin running repair routes, you’ll also get ongoing coaching and training from experienced mentors to help you thrive in your career with Sears.
Sears Home Services continues to develop new training programs to help technicians learn the business and thrive. We’re developing a Sears Technical Institute to help applicants and recruits get a head start on training and development as an appliance repair technician. We look forward to helping all repair enthusiasts grow in their abilities to diagnose and fix appliance problems. Join our Sears Home Services Team and help us enrich the appliance repair culture.