Connected devices can play a significant role in enhancing home management, convenience, safety, and your overall enjoyment during the holiday season. Using your smart phone or tablet, you can monitor and control your entire home.
Here are several ways connected devices can help you during the holidays.
Control Your Comfort
Install a smart thermostat such as Nest on your heating and cooling system, and you can monitor and control settings using your smart phone from anywhere. Change the temperature setting while you continue a conversation with family and friends from your couch or check the setting while you’re out of town visiting relatives during the holidays.
While you’re away from your home during the holidays, you can program the thermostat to keep your home around 62 degrees to save energy and then raise the setting to a comfortable level just before you return home.
A smart thermostat can also help you know if your heating system isn’t working properly while your away so you can immediately schedule repair service to get your heater working again.
Keep Your Home Safe and Secure
You may already have some smart devices installed in your home such as a video doorbell or security cameras. If not, adding smart devices can help you remotely monitor your home while you’re away. Monitoring your home via smart devices will give you the peace of mind that everything is okay in your home when you’re not there – or that you’ll know immediately if something is wrong.
Here are some essential smart devices to help you monitor your home while you’re away:
- Security cameras. Setting up smart security cameras along with motion-detection security lighting deters theft. Knowing that your house is safe or immediately seeing potential threats while you’re away will keep you from worrying and wondering if everything is okay at home.
- Video doorbell. This smart device will give you a view of your porch and notify you when anyone approaches. You can see who’s at your front door when you’re home and when you’re away. This device can help deter porch bandits from stealing holiday gifts delivered to your home. Video surveillance of your front porch is valuable for your peace of mind.
- Smart Garage Door Opener. You can open and close your garage door remotely and have items securely delivered inside your garage instead of your front porch when you have a smart garage door opener.
- Water leak monitoring device. This smart control gadget helps you immediately know when a water leak occurs and can automatically shut off the water supply to your home to help prevent water damage. A leak in a washing machine fill hose or dishwasher water fill line can ruin your holidays if not prevented immediately using this type of smart device. When a leak occurs, you can take action immediately to fix the problem and prevent damage that could be caused by the small amount of water that spills out before the leak prevention device trips.
- Gas leak monitor and shut-off valve. Just as with the smart water leak detector, installing a gas leak monitor and shut-off valve will help protect your home when you have gas appliances such as a water heater, gas dryer, gas stove and gas furnace. When you have this device, you’ll know immediately when there’s a gas leak in your home and the gas supply has been shut off by the smart valve.
- Smart light switches and electrical outlets. You can easily turn on and off lights in your home remotely using these devices. This tactic helps deter theft while you’re away during the holidays.
Streamline Home Chores
Install smart home appliances and save time during the holidays when completing chores such as laundry and cooking.
Get Help With Your Laundry
You’re generally on the go non-stop during the holidays. Upgrading to smart appliances can save you a ton of time and free up brain space. Simply link your smart appliances with the app by connecting to your in-home WiFi, downloading the app (available to both iPhone and Android users), and linking it to your smart appliances. Once you’re linked up, you can use voice commands to ask Alexa how much time is left on your wash cycle or ask her to start the dryer. Remotely use the Stay Fresh option on your washer, which periodically tumbles the wash load to keep clothes smelling great and unwrinkled until you actually have the time to get to them.
Automatically Replenish Supplies
Finding extra time to get to the store, especially during the holidays, can feel like the ultimate feat. With smart appliances, you can worry a little bit less about making it to the store. With Amazon Dash Replenishment, your connected smart appliances monitor the product levels in the connected devices and automatically reorders them before you even know you’re almost out. It’s like a real-life mind-reading machine.
Keep Food Fresh and Safe
Worried about the little ones playing with the fridge controls or leaving its door open? Fear not. A smart refrigerator has your back, even when you’re not there. You’ll have the peace of mind that you’re always covered. If there are any changes in the fridge (like rising temps), or the door is left open, you’ll be alerted on your smart phone. Being able to regulate your fridge’s temperature remotely helps food stay fresher longer, which means less food wasted and fewer trips to the store — a money and time saver.
Less time keeping up with household chores means more time spent on what really matters, like holiday activities.
Learn How to Upgrade to Smart Appliances
Upgrading to new smart appliances is easy. Visit our Sear.com Upgrade site to find easy access to smart appliance bundles. Sears has the latest appliance models from top manufacturers such as Samsung, LG, Whirlpool, Electrolux, Maytag, KitchenAid, GE, Kenmore and Frigidaire.
Our Upgrade site offers special discounts on smart appliance bundles. You can save hundreds or even thousands of dollars on appliance packages. Holiday savings start early at Sears.
We’ve consolidated all help, financing offers and savings into one location on our Sears Upgrade page to make it easy for you to replace your appliances now. No hassles and no waiting. Check out Quick Delivery options from top brands and get replacements installed in a matter of days.
Efficient and durable smart home appliances will help make your holidays more enjoyable. You’ll have the peace of mind that your entire home will run smoothly all season long.
Easily Access Holiday Entertainment
Hook up a voice-activated assistant such as Alexa, and you can find and play holiday music and movies using voice commands. No more searching through playlists or apps for the entertainment you want. Just say what you want and the voice-activated assistant will find and play it. Your family and guests will be impressed.
By integrating these connected devices into your holiday routine, you can streamline tasks, increase security, and create a more enjoyable and stress-free festive experience.
From our Sears Home Services family to yours, we pray that you have a wonderful and safe holiday season.