Easy cleaning hacks to tackle bad smells in your appliances.
Does your washer smell like a wet dog? Do your clothes come out of the dryer smelling worse than when they went in? Does your dishwasher exude Eau de Dishrag?
Don’t worry. These are common problems, and fortunately, there are easy fixes. Watch these popular videos to find out how to freshen up your hardworking appliances.
Eww! What’s That Smell in My Washer?
If you’ve noticed a certain odor when you open the door of your washing machine, you’re not alone. High-efficiency washers, especially front-loading models, can be breeding grounds for stinky substances. Combat odors with these tips.
- Use high-efficiency detergent. The wrong detergent can leave residue, causing mold and mildew.
- Open the door when not in use to prevent mold growth around the door seal.
- Take out clean laundry as soon as it’s done.
Freshness is in your future!
Eww! What’s That Smell in My Dryer?
Dryer sheets not doing the trick? If your clothes aren’t coming out smelling fresh, you might have to give your dryer vent a little TLC. Here’s how to clean it.
- Remove the dryer vent.
- Vacuum lint and trapped debris.
- Try running smaller loads. Too-large loads take longer to dry and can lead to bacteria growth.
Say goodbye to odors!
Eww! What’s That Smell in My Fridge?
If you’ve got leftovers from you can’t remember when, you’ve likely got some “interesting” smells wafting out of your fridge when you open the door. Use these fridge cleaning hacks and get rid of your fridge’s strange odors for good!
- Empty out your fridge.
- Check expiration dates.
- Toss old leftovers and expired items.
- Mix water and white vinegar and give your fridge a good scrub.
- Use a fridge deodorizer to keep smells from coming back.
Your fridge will smell fresher than ever!
Eww! What’s That Smell in My Dishwasher?
It’s designed to clean your dishes, but what if your dishwasher reeks of rotten food?
If you notice funky smells from your dishwasher, it’s time to give it a good clean. Here’s how.
- See if food is caught in the filter.
- Remove the filter.
- Soak it in soapy water and rinse.
- Still smelly? Sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda in the bottom, then run a cycle.
A clean dishwasher means clean dishes!
Remember to consult your owner’s manual first for information on how to properly care for your specific appliance.