When looking for new kitchen cabinets, one of the biggest choices is whether to replace or reface.
- Replacing means completely removing the cabinets, fronts, and boxes and replacing them with brand new cabinets.
- Refacing (also called refinishing) means using the existing boxes and replacing just the cabinet fronts.
Refacing your cabinets may be an option if:
- Your budget is limited.
- You’re generally satisfied with the size, type, and location of your cabinets.
- Your cabinets have a dated style.
- Your cabinets have non-working elements, such as hinges or slides.
- You want to improve the value of your home at a minimal cost.
Want to learn more? Visit our cabinet refacing and replacement page.