Frequently asked questions
- How do I find a repair center?
Start by visiting http://www.sears.com/ and find the Customer Service tab at the bottom of the screen. Place your cursor over the Customer Service tab and click on the Sears Store Locations link. Select the Repair Parts Centers checkbox and enter your location.
- How do I ask an expert a question?
1. Go to http://www.managemyhome.com/.
2. Log in or sign up in the upper right-hand corner. It’s free!
3. Click on the Answers tab in the red navigation bar at the top of the page.
4. Enter your question in the box and click Next to look at a list of similar questions for a possible answer.
5. If you don’t find an answer to your question, type a detailed description of the problem in the Add Details box. You can even add pictures to illustrate your problem by clicking Add Images. Click on Preview and if your question looks correct, click Submit Question.
- What number do I call if there is no service in my area?
We have other resources that allow us to direct you to services that we may not offer in your area. You can call us at 1-800-424-2047 and we will do our best to assist you.
- Where can I purchase parts for a repair?
To search for parts, purchase parts or view repair diagrams for your appliance, visit http://www.searspartsdirect.com/ or call Sears Parts Direct at 1-800-469-4663 to speak with a Parts Direct Specialist. Either way, you’ll need your model number and serial number.
- How do I purchase a Protection Agreement?
To find information on Protection Agreements, visit our information page on http://www.sears.com/ (you can also type “protection agreement” in the search bar to find this page). The page includes all the options we offer to protect your appliance, heating & cooling system, home electronics or exercise equipment. To purchase any of the Protection Agreements we offer, call 1-800-827-6655.
- How do I schedule an annual Preventative Maintenance checkup?
- To schedule an annual Preventative Maintenance checkup on your appliance, call Sears Home Services at 1-800-424-2047 and a Blue Service Crew member can set it up for you.
- The website claims the service I need is not available in my area. What can I do?
If our website indicates a particular service is not available in your area, you can call our Sears Home Services department at 1-800-424-2047 and we will assist you with getting the service you need.
- Do you match competitors’ prices?
Services are not price matched by Sears. The prices set for our services are competitive for your city and the service provided is rated one of the best in the nation.
- I would like to fill out the customer survey and cannot find the link. Where do I look?
- How will my appointment be confirmed if I schedule it online?
Once you schedule your appointment on http://www.searshomeservices.com/, you will be given a confirmation number on the confirmation page. This information will also be sent to your email address.
- How do I schedule multiple appointments?
On http://www.searshomeservices.com/, you have to schedule each appointment separately. You can call us at 1-800-424-2047 and we can schedule multiple appointments for you.
- If I schedule multiple appointments, how will I be charged?
If the appliances are in the same product category (i.e. washer, dryer, dishwasher), you will be charged full price for the first appliance, then up to a 50 percent discount will apply toward the rest of the appliances. If they are not the same type of appliance (i.e. washer and range), you will be charged full price for each.
- What number do I call if my appointment was missed?
You can call us at 1-800-424-2047. We will try to reschedule you or have your local service unit contact you for rescheduling.
- How do I reschedule an appointment?
To reschedule a missed or cancelled appointment you can do one of the following:
Go to http://www.searshomeservices.com/ and click on the Order Lookup link in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Type in your service order number and phone number, then click on the Reschedule option to pick your desired date. Or simply call Sears Home Services at 1-800-424-2047 and a Blue Service Crew member will reschedule your appointment.
- What forms of payment are accepted by the technician after a service is performed?
We accept Sears Card, Sears MasterCard, Sears Gift Cards, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, cash and checks for all in-home repair services. Our repair technicians will process payment and any coupons or discounts at the time of service.
- Credit Card Payment
- Credit card purchases will receive a hold on their account in the amount of the service selected. Once the service has been performed, the technician will provide you with an invoice for the services rendered and the funds previously held will be released, effectively charging you once for the total amount of the actual repair (labor plus parts). You may pay the invoice by check or credit card.
- Debit Card, Gift Card and PayPal Payment
- Debit card purchases will receive a hold on their account for the amount of the service selected. When viewing your debit account, you will notice the charge on your statement. Once the service has been performed, the technician will provide you with an invoice for the services rendered and the funds previously held will be released, effectively charging you once for the total amount of the actual repair (labor plus parts). You may pay the invoice by check or credit card.
- Cancellation of Service Appointment
- If you cancel your appointment before service is performed, the release (debit and credit) will be processed after Sears receives your cancellation notice.
Installation & repair
- My parts arrived, now what? Will I be charged in addition to the initial service call fee?
Once your parts have arrived, contact us at Sears Home Services (1-800-424-2047), so we can let a technician know your parts have arrived and the service can be completed. During the initial service call, you were charged once for parts and labor. You will not be charged for service again.
- What if I you repair my appliance and the same problem occurs? Will you charge me to come out a second time?
If the technician has to return for the same symptom/problem, there will be no additional charge for labor. This is considered a recall; because our technician did not diagnose the root of the problem or did not complete the repair properly, we will not charge you any extra labor.
- How do I file a claim for damages to my appliance that occurred during a repair or installation?
To file a claim for damages, call Sears Home Services at 1-800-424-2047 and a Customer Solutions team member will assist you.
- Do you repair products that weren't purchased at Sears?
Yes, we do service products not purchased at Sears. We service all major brands for your convenience.
- Do you repair products not listed on the Sears Home Services website?
We service some products and brands not listed on http://www.searshomeservices.com/, including treadmills, garage door openers, water softeners and many more. For further details, call Sears Home Services at 1-800-424-2047.
- Do you install products not listed on the Sears Home Services website?
- For installation of products not listed on our website, contact our Sears Home Services Installation Department at 1-800-497-4402.
- If I receive a used appliance from a family member or friend, will you install it for me?
- We apologize for any inconvenience, but Sears only installs new items.
- I just bought a new home. Can you come out and inspect my appliances?
- Yes we can. Just call our Sears Home Services team at 1-800-424-2047 so they can provide you with a cost estimate and set up an appointment.
- What is the warranty on parts and service for a new product?
On most items there is up to a one-year warranty on parts and service. We recommend you check your owner’s manual for details and information on possible exceptional parts (parts that have a limited warranty for an additional number of years past the expiration of the full product warranty). Labor may or may not be covered on an exceptional part.
- What is the warranty on a parts order?
Your part is covered for 90 days from the date you received it or it was installed by our technician.
- How can I check the warranty on my appliance?
To check the warranty and Protection Agreement information on your appliance, you can check your account on http://www.managemyhome.com/ if you’ve added it to your profile. Or you can call Sears Home Services at 1-800-424-2047. The SHS team can provide you warranty and Protection Agreement information, troubleshoot and set up service.
- If I have a warranty, will I have to pay for a repair visit?
Most appliances have a 1 year warranty where parts and service are covered (refer to your owner’s manual for coverage details). Beyond this initial coverage, some parts may also have an extended warranty. In this case, those specific parts are covered by the extended warranty, but they will not cover the service charge for a technician.
- How do I schedule repair service online if I have a warranty or Protection Agreement?
If you have a warranty or Protection Agreement, you are entitled to free support from our Technical Specialists. Call us for help to get your product working again and to schedule an in-home repair visit, if necessary, to make sure your product gets fixed right. Technical Specialists are available from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. CST every day. Call 1-800-376-6959.