Heat Pump Repair and Air Conditioning Repair
1-800-424-2047Call Us Today
Trust Sears Home Services for all of your heat pump and air conditioning repair needs. Whether your heat pump freezes up, air conditioner makes odd noises, blower doesn’t work or heating system just doesn’t heat, we can fix any problem. Our HVAC Service Technicians will diagnose your air conditioner and heat pump to determine the issue, and will provide you with a detailed cost estimate before any work is done.
The efficiency of your central heating and cooling system can be measured as HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) and as SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio). The HSPF measurement gauges the efficiency of the heating mode of heat pumps. Higher numbers equal greater efficiency and cost savings. Likewise, SEER is a measurement of the cooling efficiency of a central air system and applies to central air conditioning units. The higher the SEER, the more energy efficient the unit, and the greater your savings. Sears cooling systems range from 13 SEER to 21 SEER.
Over the years, as your heat and central air unit ages, it loses efficiency. If your heating and AC system is 10+ years old, it may be performing at much lower SEER and HSPF ratings than when originally installed.
With regular heat pump maintenance, you can extend its life and help keep it at peak performance. A visit from your expert Sears HVAC Technician can help your heat pump and air conditioner continue to perform at its best. And, if you need to replace your HVAC system, Sears sells heat pumps with HSPF ratings as high as 13.0 and SEER ratings as high as 21.0.
Don’t forget, we can offer air conditioning and heat pump repair service on any brand of heat pump and air conditioning system, no matter where you bought it. You can trust that our expert Sears Heating and Cooling Technicians will do the job right. Sears Home Services is your one-stop shop for all of your repair and maintenance needs.
What’s more, we guarantee all appliance repairs with our 90 day parts and labor warranty*.
*Limited 90 Day Warranty on Parts: If, within 90 days from the date a repair part is purchased, that part fails due to a defect in material or workmanship, Sears or A&E will furnish a replacement part, free of charge.
Service Warranty: If, within 90 days from the date of repair, a customer's merchandise fails to operate for reason related to the original complaint or repair service, Sears or A&E will perform any labor related to the original complaint or repair service free of charge. If the service was provided on a product used for commercial or rental purposes, this warranty applies for only 30 days from the date of service.
If the service performed was Preventive Maintenance (PM) and a repair on a customer's merchandise is scheduled within 90 days of the PM, Sears or A&E will apply half of the amount paid for the PM to the subsequent repair.
10-Point Check for Heating Systems & Air Conditioners
- Check entire furnace for loose or worn parts, abnormal vibrations and proper venting
- Check the heat exchanger, if accessible
- Check electrical circuit to furnace/fan coil including thermostat and thermostat wiring
- Check gas valve operation and adjust gas pressure if needed
- Check, clean and adjust pilot burner as needed
- Check heat pump air filter
- Check ignition system
- Check and lubricate heat pump blower motor
- Check electrical/safety circuits for proper operation
- Operate furnace and adjust for peak operating efficiency
10-Point Check for Central Air
- Check overall operation of the air conditioner or heat pump
- Check condenser coils and clean if appropriate
- Check air filter
- Check evaporator for adequate air flow
- Lubricate air handler blower motor
- Lubricate condenser fan motor
- Check and clean condensate drain lines
- Check cooling performance
- Check condensate pump operation
- Check for loose parts or unusual vibration